Long Distance Marriage Key Ingredient…Novelty!


When you start dating someone, you always show them the best side of yourself. You are polite, you’re romantic and you’re creative. After marriage, people tend to become content and stop doing the things they used to do, like dating. In a long distance marriage its far to easy to let dates and affection slip away from the relationship. You must try harder to create ways to build trust, show affection and build closer bonds. 

During my time being a trucker wife I have learned to get out my comfort zone. I like regular, low-key date nights, but I have learned to love those weekend getaways they are particularly fantastic! My trucker love adventure and does not do well following a plan. He is the opposite of me. I need a schedule, a plan to follow and routine. Well all he needs is his nature state…Spontaneous!

He likes to get out in the world and explore. I rather go to the beach relax and read a book. But to to keep thing interesting I have to go outside my comfort zone. To do this from time to time I practice the art of Novelty. I try to mix things up a bit. 

So what is novelty? 

Novelty is the quality of being new, original, or unusual.

Like I said it’s hard to get a babysitter so I have to get creative and a little unusual. 

Simple things I do to express love.

1. A carpet picnic is one of the best and most “memorable” ways to spend an evening…or an afternoon. It’s the best way to dig deep and engage in deep conversation with my trucker. 

2. Greeting him at the door when he comes home with a smile, a hug, a kiss, and an “I Am glad to see you. I really missed you. While Caressing Him in The Place Only A Trucker Wife Is Allowed To Touch.

3. Sharing his hobbies and interests. My Trucker loves sports. Many times I’ll challenge him to a game of one on one Basketball and the winner get to choose what comes next. 

Things I do when I have a babysitter. I leave my comfort zone. 


1. I arrange a mini vacation on the beach. I plan to visit a new restaurant we haven’t tried. Some type of tour like the glass bottom boat and deep sea fishing. 

2. We like to have fun when were together. We could never do this with the kids. My youngest daughter would think it’s a waste of time. while my oldest daughter and son would complain the entire time asking when are we going back home so they can play on the xbox. My middle daughter would be the only one who appreciate the novelty of the adventure. She’s pretty much down for any thing as along as we are all together. This is what we do out of the present of our four children. First,  we start out at one restaurant for appetizers. Head to another for a entrées, then find a nice ice cream parlor for dessert. After explaining to you my kids of course we are not ready to end the night there, so we go relax in a coffee shop before heading home usually one inside a bookstore because I love books. I know that it sounds silly to go from place to place, but it’s really fun and you get to hit all the places you love the most with your best friend. 

3. He loves it when I arrange for the kids to visit my mother such as spring break and I jump in the truck with him for a week of adventure. Most times we have no plans we just choose a long routine ride and spend a day or two exploring the city. 

4. Other times we just agree to try something new. We both are pretty much down for whatever because we love each others company. I try to focus on the small stuff like thanking him in creative ways for his attempts to please me and make an effort to make the best of our time together. Oh other times we spend in nature we charge up our laptop, pack a romantic picnic and head to the beach. I know I talk about the beach a lot even though I live in Atlanta. Well I’m originally from Panama City, Florida. What can I say I still have a weakness for the Salt Life!
                   Panama City Beach!!!

Hope This helps!

What ways do you enhance your marriage, please share I’m really nosy?

Be Inspired

Warrior Chic
XOXO




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lonely Life Of a Trucker's Wife

JAMIE EASON'S LIVEFIT TRAINER YOUR 12-WEEK TRANSFORMATION PLAN!

Jamie Eason's LiveFit Trainer - Phase 3