Loving From A Distance: Part 2 We Dream Together!

                            Bing Imagine
Hi Warrior Chics,

Trucker Wives in long distance relationships can have a hard time staying connected, because couples are limited in what they can do together. Many are limited to phone calls, emails, instant messaging, and texting which can become a bit frustration over time, if you ask me. It is important to keep things interesting. I’ve created a series of articles of the things me and my trucker do to stay connected. Here is the second idea on the list of things that me and my trucker do when he’s gone a long distance over the road for work. 

Dream Building

We have been renting a house in order to save and build our own home on our on land in Georgia. We’ve been down the home owners road before and lost our home in 2007. This time we decided to be smart and go slow like we first intended but did not do. We jumped very quickly just because we could. Our initial plans has always been to build a home on our own land in Florida. We planned to do it slowly so our home would be paid for. Once we decided to move to Atlanta the houses were so pretty, spacious, and cheap we jumped on it. Should have stuck to original plans! Every since we lost our first home we have learned from our mistake and stuck to original plans. So we have been slowly dream building together. 

My Trucker and I have lots of fun talking about our dream home. How big it would be, how many rooms it would have, what the floor plan might be like, what the exterior would look like, etc… We have even gotten the kids involved. They now ask to go to Lowe’s because they have changed their mind about the color they want their room to be. I have folders for each room labeled and all the ideas of how I want them to look. I have paint samples, floor samples which has change since we now have a puppy. I’ve learned a lot and glad that I don’t have a house yet because I want it to be as dog and kid friendly as possible. 

Once this house is built it will not just be a home we bought because it was convenient and easily accessible. No it will be functionable, have everything we need and no wasted space or money. Many call us crazy and tell us to just build something already, instead of wasting money on rentals. We have two spots of land one and Georgia and One Florida with nothing on it. But soon it will be. Most importantly it will be paid in full. Because we didn’t let other people opinions force us to settle and follow the crowd. That’s one thing I have never been was a crowd follower. I love to be unique and express myself as a individual and try to teach my kids to do the same. Plus this is a family affair that we all love communicating about. We have our plans for our Florida home drawn up and the Georgia home is in the process of being planned. This life just makes sense for us. We already live in both places anyway. I have work project in Florida, Georgia and Alabama. While my Trucker is all of the place. The kids befit from the Georgia life they do well in school. The Florida life they get to grow up with cousin and see family while taking advantage of the beach. It’s truly a win-win for everyone. Stay tune to see how our dream building has manifested. 

Now you can create your plans together. Or you could even both try to come up with your own individual plans. Are they alike or extremely different? I hope this encourage you to dream and live the life you desire without the input of others. Dare to be free. Dare to be you!

Be Inspired

Warrior Chic
XOXO




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lonely Life Of a Trucker's Wife

JAMIE EASON'S LIVEFIT TRAINER YOUR 12-WEEK TRANSFORMATION PLAN!

Jamie Eason's LiveFit Trainer - Phase 3