Being a Trucker Wife: Not Happy With Hubby Career Choice as A Truck Driver? Read How Trucking Impacted My Life…

 I love my business more than anything. I was twenty-three years old when I did my first organization project, I was scared yet proud from actually accomplishing something. You know the feeling you get when you start something and actually finish it to completion. Plus the feeling you get from clients when they are so happy when their problem is solved- well their is no feeling to explain this but it feels really good to help someone else succeed in life. 

Being a professional organizer and lifestyle management consultant allows me to do everything I enjoy: I am able to center my family around my career, I am able to meet and talk with really interesting people on a daily basis;  I get to be creative; and I have the opportunity to help people feel better about themselves. I am truly blessed to do what make my heart sing. 

My days are so fulfilling and fun that I never feel like I am at work. During my lifestyle management sessions many of my client have become like family to me and they make the atmosphere in my office and sometimes kitchen table and living room couch feel more like home and sometimes a party. On any day we can go from talking about long distance marriage issues or household management 101 to pulling out the Avon manicure and pedicure kit to having a girls only spa day. 
We can go from coffee and conversation to wine and relaxing with the drop of a hat!
There is always someone to laugh and share stories with. On some days we may shed a tear or two. Overall it’s where I give and get support. 
It truly gives my once lonely and depressed life purpose and meaning beyond the lonely life as a trucker wife. 

In the past…
My identity was so wrapped up in my husband making me happy and depending on him to make me feel complete that I truly lose my sense of self. The five years of being a stay at home mom didn’t help either. I focus on the needs of my kids while neglecting my own. As I cleared out the negative people and situations within my life during my Quarter-life Crisis I can truly say back then I wouldn’t believe you if you told me that I would be this happy and content with my life. Without my husband by my side and my kids to care for I didn’t know who I was. 

The shift…
After many hours of reflection I had to ask myself, “How can I incorporate all that I am and all that I still love into this new life that’s filled with so much limitation?” 

I had to learn how to embrace this new way of living. What was once a stressful disappointing life had turned into one filled with abundance. There were more opportunities, more people to help, more clients, more purpose. It was the grace of God answering many prayers. 

After years of struggling with low self worth,  depression, and abandonment issues, I noticed things had started to change. Good things were happening. Even though I could no longer spend time with the one I loved most my hubby, I discovered I could work on myself, which was something I never had the time to do when I was spending all my time focusing on the lack in my life. My negative identity as a trucker wife and stay at home mom had become a thing of the past but I found that being a trucker wife, a mother, professional organizer, lifestyle management consultant and a writer not only fit me better but captured me at my core. I wasn’t just ONLY a trucker wife and stay at home mom I was so much more. I just had to open the door to my hidden talents and gifts. That required me getting out of my own way for God to work in my life. But first it required me to quiet my negative thoughts so He could reveal the truth with Divine Messages of Who I really was in congruent to my role as stay at home mom and trucker wife. 

So how did I get to this place?

I started a journal. After writing in it for a few months, I realized I had something to say. I wanted to find a way to help other women whom had related life issues as myself.  I thought that I could possibly write inspiration resources to help other women who struggled with coping with life. Inspiring people has been a constant in my life and at the heart of everything I love to do. Even with organizing, I fine myself inspiring my clients about other areas of their life while coaching them on ways to declutter their space. Spiced Life Conversation, LLC has allowed me to do what I love most. Connect with wonderful women who are like minded and lead a unconventional lifestyle like I do. I get to help them overcome hardships, adversity, and reach out in touch their lives in a unique way. 

I took my love of writing, organizing, and counseling and put the three together to form my private practice Spiced Life Conversation, LLC a Professional Organizing and Lifestyle Management Consulting Company. 

Throughout the beginning of my trucking lifestyle journey and my role as a stay at home mom I constantly complain about losing myself. I learned that I hadn’t lost myself after all. In fact, I was coming into my own. I realized I didn’t need my husband to make me happy or feel complete and I didn’t need to consume my life with only mommy duties in order to feel needed and valuable or give me a sense of identity. I started to understand that my purpose couldn’t be extinguished.

What the trucking life has taught me is that just because their are many sacrifices you must learn to deal with doesn’t mean that the distance has to limit your life. The distance  gave me time to regroup. It gave me the space I needed to find the truth and the real me that I thought I had once lost. 



Most of all we make the best of our time. Our time together is filled with laughter and support that’s rich with  history of having known the sacrifice and struggles we both have endured to make this lifestyle work. Building my business has only been one transformation, my marriage became better because I have more time to devote to my husband. He tells me, “ I like you better now. You’re kinder than you used to be. And now you have time to do creative things to strengthen our marriage!” 
My distorted thoughts had taken all my energy in my prior life, in a shaky relationship, a trucker's wife may easily suffer emotionally from lack of attention, lack of appreciation, or lack of support but once the negative thinking and moods were gone, I was able to focus my attention where it really mattered. I balanced my time during the week between my kids and business. When My hubby comes home he has my complete attention because I create my own schedule around my family lifestyle I do not let limitation rule my life and schedule. My marriage has become a gift of such consciousness that I feel blessed beyond words to have been given the opportunity to learn, grow and develop into the woman God has created me to be. 

I found that when I could no longer chase after my old life before trucking, all the right things had a chance to chase after me. What I originally thought was a limitation turned out to be an answer. My true desires had been buried under the demand of approval addictions and distorted thinking. Now without it, I’m able to see what really matters. 

It took a major life change to get my attention but now I have what I wanted all along-a life of substance and purpose. It’s a life that matters. The old me that I thought was lost forever had just been waiting for the real me to catch up. I finally have all my heart’s desires and carry a deep expectation for my life to continue unfolding in more wonderful ways than I can imagine. 

Truckers wives are faced with serious challenges with an over the road trucker as a husband. Not only is she left with the responsibilities of the maintaining the business of the home but she has to also raise the children (of course if there are children) in a world that constantly demands an increase in effectiveness to raise those children successfully.

Today I want you to think about the adversity, hardships, test and trails within your life since transcending into the trucking lifestyle. Because life as a trucker and trucker wife has little room for troubled relationships. It takes a strong, independent, understanding woman to be a trucker's wife and support her husband wholeheartedly. What has this lifestyle taught you? What is this life teaching you thus far? What have you learned about yourself and about your spouse. How have you grown and developed since being a trucker wife? Each day gives us all a chance to become stronger and right our wrongs what is your life teaching you during this season? 

Love and Blessing 

Be Inspired!!!

Warrior Chic
XOXO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lonely Life Of a Trucker's Wife

JAMIE EASON'S LIVEFIT TRAINER YOUR 12-WEEK TRANSFORMATION PLAN!

Jamie Eason's LiveFit Trainer - Phase 3