11 Time Management Strategies to Help Overcome Distance In The Relationships

The number one reason many of my clients book sessions with me is because of frustration with the mishaps of the scheduling in the trucking field and miscommunication. I  tell all my clients that if they want to grow and overcome distance within their long distance married life they must make sure they are communicating as effectively as possible. That means practice not taking things for granted and not placing blame. I am the first one to admit the time management in trucking sucks ass. Time management only applies to getting loads to their destination on time. When it comes to family and personal life well you better learn how to plan ahead and get ready for a call that’s sounds like this. 

“I’m sorry hun I’m not going to make it home today or on time  whatever the case may be…I’ll make it up to you, I promise!”

My motto is schedule everything but expect nothing. The reality is that when more than just you is a part of the planning process (freight, shippers, receivers, your dispatcher, traffic conditions, etc) you never know if your plans will work out.

So schedule if you must but just don’t get you hopes up unless you love being disappointed. 

In the meantime build a stronger bond to carry you when the storms of life flows into your married life. 

• Don't take each other for granted.  Show it, say it, acknowledge it.....
• Everyday tell each other, "I Love You"

• Ask your spouse, "What things can I do that would show you that I love you?" (Men and women, communicate love differently and individuals communicate love differently. Figure out your spouse personal love language.)

• Don't wait to be treated right first. You start it off.
• Praise your spouse everyday for something sincerely and be slow to criticize, finding fault or complaining.

•Let the little things go! Stop nagging each other.

• Keep yourself looking as attractive as you were when you first met to the best of your ability most of the time.

• Surprise him with romantic acts. Leave the note, initiate sex, and plan the date night. 

• Men she needs to be shown affection and she wants to be heard so let her talk.
• Women he needs sex and food.  Put it on him; get up and make him a sandwich; give him his space to relax and watch the game.

• Go on a date from time to time.  Don't make excuses about not feeling like it and don't procrastinate.  Just do it.

Some men have a tendency to expect the woman to think logically and handle a situation the same way he would.  Some women have a tendency to expect a man to read her mind. We are all different when it comes to managing our lives and getting along with people. So stop, think, and reconsider each other needs, desires, wants, and personal life experiences. 

Like I tell all my trucker wife clients. In this life we are given a gift. A gift to learn a spiritual lesson on many topics but the most valuable ones are forgiveness and acceptance. Everyday you are away from each other, the experience can create growth, maturity and strength within the family unit if you will take personal responsibility for your part in improving your mindset and behavior. This life requires a lot of personal growth. Eventually your spouse will come around if he/she is sincere and committed in the relationship. Although the first couple of years within this lifestyle are challenging, they taught me much about myself, and it will do the same for you if you stop resisting. I learned that I was much stronger and more capable than I thought. This newfound confidence continues to help me each and every day. 

Be Inspired!!!

Warrior Chic

XOXO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lonely Life Of a Trucker's Wife

JAMIE EASON'S LIVEFIT TRAINER YOUR 12-WEEK TRANSFORMATION PLAN!

Jamie Eason's LiveFit Trainer - Phase 3