7 Recipes That’ll Help You Stick to Your Healthy Eating Goals

Hi Warrior Chic’s

Eating a healthy balanced diet isn't all that complicated. Just choose a variety of foods from all the major food groups including fruits and vegetables, meats or protein sources, dairy or calcium, grains and cereals, and healthy oil replacement and fats. It also helps if you also want to consume the right amount of calories to maintain a healthy weight and cut back on all the unhealthy junk foods.

Nutritionists and health experts often say to eat a variety of foods. 

Eating a variety of foods makes it easier to get a balanced diet. Not all foods are equally nutritious, and even foods that are good for you are probably missing a few nutrients, so when you eat a variety of foods you're more likely to get all the essential nutrients you need every day.

Sometimes the question isn't about what makes up a healthy diet; it's about finding simple recipes that make living a clean eating fit life easier. Honesty, I live a simple life and thrive off simple menus. I don’t like things to be too complicated.

I don’t like a lot of ingredients. 
I don’t like recipes that are time consuming. 
I don’t like ingredients I’ve never heard of just to make the meal look or sound like a food network meal. I can do without the drama. Just keep it easy and simple. I have a life to get to! 

Although I love to cook I don’t have much time to spend in the kitchen cooking for my large household of six. Being a trucker wife, mom of four, and running a private practice can be a challenge at times. The work life balance is crazy! Therefore I keep it clean and I keep it simple!

This works for me and my family. Below are seven simple recipes I go to in order to stick to my own healthy eating goals.

When I need a Sweet Treat…

1. Peach Ice Cream Dairy Free

16 oz. frozen peaches
1/2 cup coconut milk
3 tbsp honey
1 tbsp lemon juice

Blend and serve immediately.

When I want to eat Healthy Carbs for Breakfast…

2. Healthy Banana Pancakes

2 organic eggs
1 banana
1/2 organic oats
1/4 apple sauce
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cinnamon

Blend oats until ground. Add other ingredients mix until blended. Cook on buttered pan. 

When I want a Simple Quick Lunch…

3. Chicken Avocado Burrito

2-4 large chicken breast, chopped
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
sea salt and pepper to taste

Sauté 2-4 large chopped chicken breast seasoned in garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt and pepper to taste. 

1 large avocado. chopped
1 cup Monterey cheese
1/4 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
Handful of fresh spinach
Tortillas 
I can’t believe it’s not butter

Cook tortillas in 1 tsp of I can’t believe it’s not butter on both sides until brown. 

Add cooked  chicken, chopped avocado, cheese, spinach and sour cream and/or greek yogurt. Wrap up and enjoy. 


When I have a Professional Organizing client and don’t have time to cook…

4. Crockpot Bourbon Chicken and Brown Rice 

Crockpot Bourbon Chicken
2-4 large Chicken Breast Chopped
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp onion powder
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/8 ginger ground
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp mustard
1/2 cup low sodium teriyaki sauce
1/2 cup organic brown sugar
Spray crock pot with cooking spray. Add all ingredients. Cook 2-4 hours on low. 

Brown Rice
1 cup of organic brown rice
1 cup of Swanson organic beef broth
1 cup of Swanson organic chicken broth
1/4 cup of I can’t believe it’s not butter, melted
sea salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

In a 2 quart casserole dish, mix together rice, beef broth, chicken broth, butter, salt, and pepper. Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 60 minutes, until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.

I turn on the crock pot before I leave for my professional organizing job. When I return everything is done. I turn it to warm. While I shower I put the rice in the oven. By time I’m done showering and helping kids with their homework dinner is done. Simple and Easy!

When I’m short on time and have too many clients schedule which I like to do on Friday Morning because I get off early. I usually go for my Green Smoothie.

5. Green Smoothie That Don’t Suck!

2 handfuls of baby spinach
1/2 orange
1 banana
1 apple
5-8 strawberries
Blend well and enjoy busy Warrior Chic!

Another dessert alternative…

6. Banana Honey and Cinnamon

Chop up a banana in a bowl. Sprinkle cinnamon on top. Then drizzle with homey. 

Last but not least all my go to snacks…

7. Snack I can’t live without!

-Hummus and carrots 8-15!

-Oatmeal 1/2 cup, Almond milk 1/2 cup, water 1/2 cup, microwave for 2 minutes topped with blueberries and coconuts

-Turkey Rolls: turkey/spinach/dijon mustard rolled in a tortilla. Sometime I stuffed this combination in a half of pita bread.

-Apple topped with peanut butter

-Grapefruit and 15 raw almonds

-2 Plain rice cakes topped with sugar-free apricot jam

-2 Chocolate rice cakes topped with peanut butter

The key to all of this is to eat every 2-3 hours while creating a habit of drinking at least 3 liters of water per day. I hope this helps all you Go-Getter Warrior Chic's!!!

Be Inspired to Live a Healthy Lifestyle
Warrior Chic
XOXO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lonely Life Of a Trucker's Wife

JAMIE EASON'S LIVEFIT TRAINER YOUR 12-WEEK TRANSFORMATION PLAN!

Jamie Eason's LiveFit Trainer - Phase 3