Health Goals: Scale Free For 2017

Hi Warrior Chic’s!

Oh my! Today I finished my workday early so I could come home and start cleaning the house before my mom got to Atlanta. She’s coming to stay with us for a week for Christmas break. But I found myself surfing the web instead. This is something I haven’t done in a while ‘just for fun” it’s all been work and client related, no play. Any Woo!

I ran across a wonderful post called Scaled Free from the Fat Mommy To Hot Mommy blog. I could relate to this post on so many levels. Not letting a number on a scale rule your life is a concept I’ve been preaching to my clients for years. 

So many people get stuck on the number fluctuating that it just kills their spirits when trying to live a healthy lifestyle. The focus shifts to getting skinny rather than being healthy and strong. Most importantly eating clean!

I recommend going back to read the Fat Mommy To Hot Mommy blog Post titled Scaled Free. However, like I tell all my clients. Shift your focus from seeking to be skinny to desiring to be healthy and strong. Stop letting the the scale and numbers rule your emotional state. You are so much more important than a number!

I believe as long as you focus on eating well and adding more activities to your daily life you don’t have to worry about the scale. Stop getting hung up on the number. Inches and measurements is what really matters. Bottomline focus on making healthier choices. Your goal is to be healthier and stronger not skinny. This is what allows you to have fun with your kids, to be active with your pets, and be a healthy person. Remember being skinny doesn't mean you are healthy! 

There are plenty of skinny people out there in the world who are unhealthy due to lifestyle choices. For example in my private practice Spiced Life Conversation, LLC  I teach my clients how to manage and prevent chronic constipation. Chronic constipation means you are not eliminating waste and toxin from your body. Its a myth that obesity and bloated people are the only ones you experience constipation. I have clients who have lost 100 pounds on a low carb diet who eat clean everyday, exercise, and drink water nonstop but they come to me because they are experiencing constipation and skin eruptions. Many times the low carb diet lack fiber needed to eliminate waste therefore the toxin release through their skin causing skin eruption. Many clients who take painkiller medication experience constipation. I’ve had a client who had  a fecal impaction due to high work stress, she started a new traveling job as a truck driver and found she couldn’t eliminate waste for weeks. 

However, let me be clear here- because I also had a client who missed two days of eliminating waste and went into panic mode thinking she was constipated when in fact she was not. It's not constipation unless you're straining and eliminated less than two times per week. If you just have less bowel movements than you used to it's likely just a change in eating habits or exercise habits. You may be digesting more fully so there is less waste at the end of the day.


The normal length of time between bowel movements varies widely from person to person. Some people have them three times a day. Others have them just a few times a week. Going longer than 3 or more days without one, though, is usually too long. After 3 days, your waste gets harder and more difficult to pass. I know for me I wasn’t eliminating for three weeks at a time and that was with the help of a fleet enema -stool softener did nothing for me. I hate to say after eating the Standard American Diet due to traveling for work I ended up in the hospital for a anal fissure surgery. This experience is why I specialize in IBS-C and helping individuals, families and individuals who travel transition into a real food lifestyle to prevent anal fissure surgery and other chronic diseases.  I know this was a post about removing the scale and diet mentality and we end up talking about blockage. But I’m really passionate about what I do I love talking about life and nutrition. My daily goal is to help people move toward a general sense of well-being by making healthy choices about their diet, stress, exercise, lifestyle, or wherever they want to start including being scale free. 


I hope this motivates you to keep moving forward and not become distracted by a number on a scale or someone size. Bottomline,when in doubt check measurements. Just eat clean, add more activity to your daily lifestyle, reduce stress, focus on digestive health and you will see the results from your healthy choices. 

Be Inspired to Live a Healthy Lifestyle
Warrior Chic


XOXO

Check out post below!

Fat to FIT Mommy!: Scale Free

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lonely Life Of a Trucker's Wife

JAMIE EASON'S LIVEFIT TRAINER YOUR 12-WEEK TRANSFORMATION PLAN!

Jamie Eason's LiveFit Trainer - Phase 3